Many are the plans in a person's heart,
but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19:21


Monday, April 30, 2012

Some Changes




Well I am sooooo very happy we finally finished our backyard!  I should say re-finished...we've gone through a variety of ideas over the last 5 years and have adapted to make them fit what we want with what we had.  So a few before and afters.  The girls and mostly my AWESOME hubby shoveled, wheeled, dumped and raked 6 tons of rock!















Jazz made the pomline! I tried to get her perform her dance and the one they learned so I could record and post...yeah, not happening.  So I snapped this as I was dropping her of for a car wash fundraiser. 


And this is of Joce as we waited outside to pick up Jazz Fri. night...its sort of funny.  We had arrived to pick her up at 6 and she said she hadn't been judged yet.  So we decided how long can that take...well finally at 8:45 Jazz headed out.  I know, why didn't we head home as its only 10 min away?  We kept thinking any minute now and I didn't want to leave and come right back...Gideon was home with Daddy so all was well.  Any way after Joce and I taking turns reading one of her books aloud with our "accents", people watching, a quick potty run and grab a snack in which I lost my $5 to buy the snack from the truck to bathroom--I guess someone needed it more--we were a little kooky in the head.



And finally, a Gideon had a little crAzy streak of his own one morning.  Seriously this was all within 2-3 minutes...thank goodness for washable marker.  I had to keep a straight face though I wanted to crack up.  Our conversation:



Me: Oh my goodness!  What happened?

Gideon:  Points to his face.

Me:  Let me show you in the mirror.



 Gideon:  Looking in mirror...gives the above expression...like whoa I don't know about that.



 Me:  We don't write on ourselves, ok?

Gideon: Yes...meaning he gets it--I think.



Me:  Oh my goodness!  What happened to mama's wall? 

Pretty much gives the same look as above...he was grounded from markers for a few days. Now when I get them out I ask where do we use markers...he points to table.  Do we write on our face?  Shakes head no.  Do we write on mama's walls?  Shakes head no.  Problem solved...for now. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Your backyard looks great! Congrats to Jazz so exciting! Love Gideon's expression after be caught :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Backyard looks wonderful!!! YAY Jazz!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! YAY for you and Joce getting a little girl time :) And about that boy of yours...COLOR WONDER! LOL hahahaha

    ReplyDelete