Many are the plans in a person's heart,
but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19:21


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Easter and Birthday!

Well every once in a while we have a special Easter/Birthday celebration at our house!  It is egg-stra special! :)



First we are so thankful Jesus bore such a burden through crucifixion on the cross so God could forgive our sin and we could be reconciled with Him.  It fascinates me God planned for our salvation before we ever were born...every event foretold...this show's God's great love to me.   



Secondly, 14 years ago I had a beautiful baby girl with a head full of light brown, soft, curly hair...I remember people would often comment on how Joc looked like a little doll...she did!  And now I have this beautiful but practically a woman in my house!  It reminds me at every child's birthday how important my days are with them and in guiding them since before long they will be making their own choices and lives.  When I wonder about what other purposes God has for me; I'm reminded of my greatest...raising them up in the way they should go...seeing my children walking closer with God earlier than I did and deeper...that's a beautiful thing. 
































2 comments:

  1. 14! Ah! :). Such a pretty girl! Wow! Thay cake is awesome! Sallie...you can do it all! Teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Joce! Looks like such a fun party :) Love the dogs on your dad's lap..they are just like people!

    ReplyDelete